Snowfall prompts travel caution in south Moldova
Amidst snowfall in southern Moldova, police urge drivers to prioritise caution and only travel if absolutely necessary.
"In these weather conditions, even minor mistakes can have serious consequences," a police spokesperson said, emphasising the importance of safe driving practices.
The advisory specifically applies to drivers in the southern regions of Cahul, Cantemir, and Taraclia, urging them to:
- Avoid unnecessary travel: Minimise driving unless vital.
- Adjust speed to weather: Drive at a safe speed appropriate for the snow-covered roads.
- Avoid sudden manoeuvres: Steer clear of sudden braking, acceleration, and sharp turns.
- Park carefully: Choose parking areas that don't obstruct traffic flow.
- Avoid overtaking: Refrain from overtaking columns of vehicles, especially in reduced visibility.
- Increase caution when changing lanes: Be extra careful and aware of surrounding traffic before changing lanes when visibility is limited.
Authorities remind drivers to strictly follow traffic regulations and prioritise safety during these challenging weather conditions.
Translation by Iurie Tataru